Heller has created a simple paradigm: through industrial production, to offer good design at affordable prices.
Since 1971, Heller has worked with some of the world’s finest designers. Heller products are beautiful and timeless. Used by leading architects for museums, offices, and restaurants as well as homes. Perfect for indoors and outdoors. Manufactured in the USA. Recyclable. Industrially produced and ready to ship.
A brief history
For over 45 years, Heller has offered leading designers the opportunity to work with new technologies to create innovative products. Heller continues to explore new processes for manufacturing furniture.
Incorporated in 1971, Heller’s first product was a line of stacking dinnerware designed by Massimo Vignelli. Winner of a Compasso d’Oro award in Italy, it is included in the Museum of Modern Art permanent design collection, New York.
Heller’s furniture division was launched in 1998. The first chair, The Bellini Chair designed by Mario Bellini, won the Compasso d’Oro in 2001. Since then, Heller has worked with other celebrated designers: Massimo & Lella Vignelli, Philippe Starck, Mario Bellini, Vico Magistretti, William Sawaya, De Pas, D’Urbino & Lomazzi, Frank Gehry, and Studio 65.
Heller products are in design collections worldwide including:
– Museum of Modern Art
– Metropolitan Museum of Art
– Whitney Museum of American Art
– Louvre Museum of Decorative Arts
– Vitra Museum
– Pinakothek in Munich
– Philadelphia Museum of Art
– Cleveland Museum of Art
Heller has won many awards for its products, including:
– Compasso d’Oro, Italy
– I.D. Annual Design Distinction for Furniture
– Industrial Design Excellence Award
– Industrial Designers Society of America
– International Design Yearbook
– International Contemporary Furniture Fair Award for Best Seating
– Good Design Award
– The Chicago Athenaeum Museum of Architecture and Design
– IF Design 2004
– Red Dot 2004
– ICFF Best Outdoor Furniture
– Best of NeoCon 2004